standard Hilary Lindberg
Hilary Lindberg is a warm, caring and thoughtful psychologist who has experience working with children, adolescents, adults, couples and families.
She can provide individually tailored, evidence-based treatments for clients.
Hilary takes a curious, compassionate and non-judgmental approach to therapy where she likes to empower individuals’ strengths to help them achieve symptom relief, in addition to developing a greater understanding about their difficulties. Depending on clients’ needs, Hilary is able to provide brief and/or longer-term psychological therapy and interventions for individuals, couples and families experiencing the following difficulties:
• depression and other mood related issues
• anxiety (including generalised anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, phobias)
• sexuality and gender issues
• sexual dysfunctions
• personality disorders
• self-esteem and/or issues relating to sense of self and self-development
• family issues
• child presentations (including anxiety, defiant behaviour and parenting support)
• couples counselling
• grief and loss
• eating disorders
• life transitions and adjustment issues
Commitment to Continued Professional Development
Hilary maintains a strong focus on continuing her professional development.
She is currently finishing her Doctorate of Clinical Psychology through Queensland University of Technology. For her thesis, Hilary designed a therapy program to treat vaginismus which she is currently trialing.
Hilary is also about to engage in more studies in sexology to develop further competencies in working with gender, sexuality and sexual problems, as this is a special interest area of hers.
To contact Hilary, click here.