If you are experiencing an emergency or you are having a personal crisis please contact these 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services:
Lifeline – call 13 11 14 or chat online
Suicide Call Back Service (anyone thinking about suicide) – call 1300 659 467
What is telehealth?
The provision of medical care services, such as psychology consultations, using technology, such as video conferencing, instead of traditional face-to-face methods.
Benefits of telehealth
- Improves your access as a patient to health care services
- Removes the time, expense and inconvenience of travelling to a health care facility
- Allows greater flexibility and convenience for both you the patient and the health care professional to schedule and attend sessions
- Enables a highly discreet environment for you to attend mental health care sessions
Telehealth services for people living and working in rural or remote Australia
Living outside Australia’s metropolitan areas can be a very rewarding and challenging way of life. People living in rural and remote areas are known for being down-to-earth, practical and resilient. But, living away from metropolitan areas can be difficult with lack of local services and having to fit into a smaller community, so it’s important to ask for help during tough times.
Our Counselling Services
Our clinic offers a wide range of psychological services to people in rural and remote areas conducted with complete confidentiality and non-judgement. Our telehealth service is secure and discreet and our psychologists can listen and help support you or your loved one with:
- Trauma and stress from natural disasters – bushfires, droughts, floods
- Feeling anxious and/or depressed
- Grief and loss
- Effects of social isolation and exclusion
- Effects of ongoing economic stress
- Living with unresolved trauma
- Experiencing violence
- Experiencing family violence
- Participation in or exposure to substance abuse, including alcohol and illicit drugs
- Sexuality and relationship concerns
- General psychological distress
Our practice is based in Brisbane. If you live in an eligible rural or remote area you have the option to receive a Medicare rebate for our telehealth services under Medicare’s Better Access Telehealth Services program.
You will need to visit your GP for a Mental Health Care Plan which allows 10 rebate-eligible telehealth-delivered psychology sessions per calendar year. Only your GP and our approved practice staff will see your plan.
Call us on 07 3171 8387 or check online here to find out if you are eligible.
Not in a rural or remote area?
We can provide telehealth consultations to you if this style of therapy delivery would suit you better. Call us on 07 3171 8387 to discuss our fees and availability.
Tech requirements for telehealth services
We use an Australian developed telehealth software service: